Thursday, December 13, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #84

Welcome back to the Thursday Thanks Tank!

I've been struggling lately in the physical arena, so I took a break last week instead of making my list out of obligation alone.

It's been a crazy week so far, but one full of blessings. Let me get right to the filling of the tank. Here's how God is filling me up this week:

1. Warm weather: No, it doesn't feel like Christmas, but it sure does beat the weather found here or here. Please be praying for all those who have suffered damage and power outages as a result of the storms blazing a trail through the Midwest and Northwest. I am very grateful to wake up this morning to a smattering of fog alone.

2. New pets: I can honestly say I am thankful for the unending lessons being taught by the new members of our family. Read about the rest of the story here. We've already experienced being bitten (that's me), a death (that's Ghirardelli), a transfer of ownership (that's from Sweetcheeks to John Deere Green), and a name change (that's from Snickers to Skittles . . . all in the candy family, I guess), and a replacement pet for Ghirardelli (that's Everest, Libbyline's new Chinese dwarf hamster who filled the void left by the Black bear hamster). It's been a wild ride, and it's only been three days so far! Pray for me . . .

3. My precious DP: This man is truly the Darling Prince as the "DP" reflects daily. He willingly runs errands for me, takes surprise afternoon frolics in stride, holds dying hamsters to comfort our daughter, cleans up our kitchen nightly, negotiates with unwelcome phone callers, and brings me treats just when I need them the most. I love you so much, Honey!

4. Christmas Cards: I love this time of year! I haven't actually sent my own yet (hopefully today), but I eagerly await the mail every day so that I can see whose card is in amongst all the regular junk mail. So good to hear from all of you. I'll send you my address if you'll just send me a card!

5. Laughter: I find lots of things funny, but this one had me howling the other day. You've got to read this post and remind yourself how wonderful it is to grapple with the beast of technology and win. Pray for our precious "Siesta". How I love this woman!

6. Gift Cards: My DP received a card from here the other day. He spent most of it on me. No more need be said. I love, love, love this man.

7. Baking: I love the smells of fresh cookies wafting through my humble abode. Yum!! These definitely smell like Christmas to me.

8. Health: I am so grateful for the routine health we've had this year. Sweetcheeks is currently recovering from a tummy bug, and I am thankful it was nothing more serious. We are truly blessed.

9. Friends: How grateful I am to be loved and cared for, simply for being who God created me to be. I care for you in the same way, not because you can send me gifts on time or that you send me gifts at all. The gift of your friendship is more than enough. (That's especially for you Kate and Jen).

10. Unexpected Gifts: Today my little flip calendar said this:

"God meets our needs in unexpected ways." Janette Oke

I've found that to be so true this week. Finances have been tight, tight, tight around here for months. We are trying to be good stewards and use our money as God would have us do so.

Last week I bought a used purse at a thrift store for $1.99, only to find out it had $28 in it once I got home. Unexpected blessing. AND . . .

This week my children received a DVD in the mail from a great aunt they barely know, only to have it be the very one they've been hoping we'd one day own. This one by Janette Oke has brought great joy at just the right time. God really does give His children good gifts.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. How has God been filling your tank this week? Let me know in the comments or take my cute button from here and take it to your own site. Invite me over, and I'll come share in the ways God is blessing you today.

Have a Thanks-filled day!

On His Adventure~

Pam

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 12/13/2007 08:44:00 AM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

What a great list.

You sure have packed a lot of experience into 3 whole days with your new pets.

 
At Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:36:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Beautiful list. I took you up on the challenge and posted my own list.

 
At Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

As always my heart is drawn into new areas of thankfulness after reading yours! Thanks!! :-)

 
At Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:15:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

WOW...your list makes mine look so wimpy! yours is just beautiful. praise God for all the blessings He is bestowing on you and your family! I am glad I "met" you!

 
At Friday, December 14, 2007 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I just got my list up. It is still Thursday in the Pacific time zone! Check out the list when you can. I really enjoyed your list. (How wonderful to be thankful for the new challenge of your pets-- sounds like it has been quite the adventure!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions
    Wordless Wednesday -- Round #1 Thanksgiving Shots
    Random All Around
    Thanksgiving Reflections . . . a Twist on the Tank
    Thankful
    PawPaw Talk
    Sunday Scripture

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: