Welcome back to the Thursday Thanks Tank!
I've been struggling lately in the physical arena, so I took a break last week instead of making my list out of obligation alone.
It's been a crazy week so far, but one full of blessings. Let me get right to the filling of the tank. Here's how God is filling me up this week:
1. Warm weather: No, it doesn't feel like Christmas, but it sure does beat the weather found here or here. Please be praying for all those who have suffered damage and power outages as a result of the storms blazing a trail through the Midwest and Northwest. I am very grateful to wake up this morning to a smattering of fog alone.
2. New pets: I can honestly say I am thankful for the unending lessons being taught by the new members of our family. Read about the rest of the story here. We've already experienced being bitten (that's me), a death (that's Ghirardelli), a transfer of ownership (that's from Sweetcheeks to John Deere Green), and a name change (that's from Snickers to Skittles . . . all in the candy family, I guess), and a replacement pet for Ghirardelli (that's Everest, Libbyline's new Chinese dwarf hamster who filled the void left by the Black bear hamster). It's been a wild ride, and it's only been three days so far! Pray for me . . .
3. My precious DP: This man is truly the Darling Prince as the "DP" reflects daily. He willingly runs errands for me, takes surprise afternoon frolics in stride, holds dying hamsters to comfort our daughter, cleans up our kitchen nightly, negotiates with unwelcome phone callers, and brings me treats just when I need them the most. I love you so much, Honey!
4. Christmas Cards: I love this time of year! I haven't actually sent my own yet (hopefully today), but I eagerly await the mail every day so that I can see whose card is in amongst all the regular junk mail. So good to hear from all of you. I'll send you my address if you'll just send me a card!
5. Laughter: I find lots of things funny, but this one had me howling the other day. You've got to read this post and remind yourself how wonderful it is to grapple with the beast of technology and win. Pray for our precious "Siesta". How I love this woman!
6. Gift Cards: My DP received a card from here the other day. He spent most of it on me. No more need be said. I love, love, love this man.
7. Baking: I love the smells of fresh cookies wafting through my humble abode. Yum!! These definitely smell like Christmas to me.
8. Health: I am so grateful for the routine health we've had this year. Sweetcheeks is currently recovering from a tummy bug, and I am thankful it was nothing more serious. We are truly blessed.
9. Friends: How grateful I am to be loved and cared for, simply for being who God created me to be. I care for you in the same way, not because you can send me gifts on time or that you send me gifts at all. The gift of your friendship is more than enough. (That's especially for you Kate and Jen).
10. Unexpected Gifts: Today my little flip calendar said this:
I've found that to be so true this week. Finances have been tight, tight, tight around here for months. We are trying to be good stewards and use our money as God would have us do so.
Last week I bought a used purse at a thrift store for $1.99, only to find out it had $28 in it once I got home. Unexpected blessing. AND . . .
This week my children received a DVD in the mail from a great aunt they barely know, only to have it be the very one they've been hoping we'd one day own. This one by Janette Oke has brought great joy at just the right time. God really does give His children good gifts.
Well, I've rambled on long enough. How has God been filling your tank this week? Let me know in the comments or take my cute button from here and take it to your own site. Invite me over, and I'll come share in the ways God is blessing you today.
Have a Thanks-filled day!
On His Adventure~