Wednesday, January 30, 2008
She Speaks, She Writes . . . She Wins
I have known about, prayed for, and been involved with Proverbs 31 Ministries for about eight years or so. Our women's ministry had the pleasure of securing a wonderful Proverbs 31 speaker to come and share with our ladies at a retreat when I still had at least one in diapers.

Around that same time, I also had the opportunity to speak to our women's ministry. I was fearful, but I followed God's leading and was truly blessed as I felt Him carrying me through my talk to these sweet women.

I had heard about the She Speaks Conference and knew it would have a profound impact on my ability to share my heart with other women who have walked a similar journey fraught with fear, feeling insignificant, and struggling with the perplexing symptoms of fibromyalgia.

Yet I have ultimately thrilled at seeing God's hand and knowing He has victory prescribed for all of us who believe and trust in Him.

Over the years since I first heard about the conference, I have secretly hoped to attend. I think my fears have kept me from applying in the past, but the financial burden is certainly a consideration as well.

So, I am taking a leap this time. I am leaving my fear behind, claiming my life verse above as a promise, and throwing my proverbial "hat" in the ring! (I guess getting the hat wouldn't be such a leap since I've already got the boots!)

If God wants me there to change my life, and in turn, change the lives of others who may later hear or read my story . . . then I am trusting Him to go before me, place favor over me, and allow me to win the scholarship that is available.

If it isn't His choice for me at this time, I will so look forward to reading and hearing the testimonies of those who do attend and how God has worked in them to spread His message of love to women all over the world!

Either way, it is exciting being in the loop of what God is doing. That's why I'm still here!

So, go check out all the juicy details here:

Proverbs 31 Ministries and Lysa TerKeurst are hosting a scholarship contest to attend this summer's She Speaks Conference in Concord, NC. The conference is June 20-22, 2008, and the scholarship covers the entire cost of the conference, with you needing to provide transportation only.

PLUS, you will get a chance to meet and hear Sophie from Boomama, Melanie from BigMama, and Shannon from Rocks in My Dryer all wax eloquently on all things bloggy!

Go on and check it out! Maybe God has an opportunity for you at this conference! You'll never know unless you step out Without Fear!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/30/2008 08:48:00 AM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:12:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Wow! You go girl! I'm not applying just so you have one less competitor! *wink*

 
At Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Aren't you glad you don't have to be a judge for this. There are so many awesome stories. Every time I read a new one I think, oh I hope she gets picked.

Yes its fun just being able to take part whether or not we win or lose.
Luanne

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Celly B said...

Isn't it awesome to have the courage to step out in faith? I pray that God will bless your desire to share with others.
"The One Who calls you is faithful, and He will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24)

 
At Saturday, February 02, 2008 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

God's blessing on your leap of faith in attending the conference. Bessings on your speaking ministry.

 
At Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love your blog name and life verse. Congrats for stepping out on faith. Your post was definitely inspirational to me. I also put my fears aside, created a blog, and entered the contest. Hopefully, God will make a way for all who are meant to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Easy Tag + Giveaways Galore
    Thursday Thanks Tank #88
    To Honor Bronner is to Honor Jesus
    Wednesday Words
    Still . . .
    Unrealistic Expectations?
    Where Do They All Go?
    Thursday Thanks Tank #87
    Guess What We're Hoping For?
    Works-for-Me Wednesday

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: