Thursday, April 5, 2007
Urgent Prayer Request

My DP is a high school English teacher. He deals with troubled students on a daily basis. This morning he arrived at school to find out one of his 10th grade students had taken her own life last evening. Her name, ironically, was Destiny.

Please pray for DP as he shares his heart with his other students when the time is right. Pray for him to have the right words. Pray for him to communicate as best he can within the parameters of a public school system his values and his perspective on the sanctity of human life.

This student wasn't just one of a myriad of nameless faces. She was someone who had an interest in us and our family. She smiled and waved at us from the bus stop many mornings. We went and purchased ice cream from her at Dairy Queen where she worked part time. We even contemplated letting her baby sit our children. She seemed vivacious and a good student. She had a darling little three-year-old sister and a mama who had to work too hard.

Pray today for her family, for her little sister, who may never understand or remember much about her sister beyond photographs and stories told.

None of us can completely understand the mind of another. My heart aches for what brought this sweet, young girl to the point of despair, with no hope for living another day. All I can say is I want to hold my three a little closer today and ensure that they have hope for each and every day.

For my Thanks Tank #55, scroll on down. It seems a little hollow in light of today's news.

  Pam fearlessly posted at 4/05/2007 09:22:00 AM  
  12 came and visited



12 Comments:
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Randi said...

This is tragic. Prayers being said...

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, Peach. I'm so sorry. My second year teaching there was a car crash in which three of my students were involved. One didn't make it. Can't imagine dealing with a suicide. I'm so sorry...

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

My heart is just breaking. Will be praying for your hubby for open doors from the Lord.

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Gut wrenching. I'm so so sorry. Praying for you all as you face such a tragic and heartbreaking event!

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Peach, I'm so terribly sorry. My heart is with you and with her family and friends.

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:49:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh,how terrible! I am so sorry for this family's loss. I will be praying,Peach!

Kim

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:10:00 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said...

How sad and tragic. I happened to come across your blog and will pray for your husband and her family and friends.
Many blessings to you this Easter weekend.

Angel

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Oh Peach - it is almost beyond comprehension. We've had to deal with this in our family, and it is just heartbreaking.
I will be praying for DP. What a very difficult time.

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 7:27:00 AM, Blogger Islandsparrow said...

I'm praying Peach.

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

I'm praying for God's grace and comfort to everyone right now...

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:48:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Heart breaking! So sorry to hear this. I'll send up a prayer for the family and for DP... Blessings, my friend!

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 1:28:00 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

How very sad. I'll offer up a prayer for this young girl's family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #55
    Mish Mash and All That
    Random Meme
    Saturday Scripture + More Aquarium Shots
    Thinking Blogger Award -- Humbling, Yet Timely
    Thursday Thanks Tank #54
    Saturday Scripture
    Spring Reading Thing 2007
    Welcome!!!!

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: