Monday, April 23, 2007
Walking Away
My heart has known it for awhile now. My head has had the information at hand. Evaluations have been made. Arguments from within have been squelched. I have known what I need to do.

Our pastor spoke of it yesterday in his sermon and tears pricked my eyes at the confirmation of what my heart has known all along.

As a result of blogging, Jesus has become a "part" of my life. Now to be real honest, blogging is not the only reason for this transformation, and blogging is not the only area in which I need change. Many other areas are going to be affected by the decisions I am making, and I pray God will be glorified in their midst. He is calling me to a higher level of obedience, and that means pruning in many areas.

Yet, what is most important here comes directly from the sermon I heard yesterday,
"Either God is my life or not in my life. He CANNOT be a big part of my life."

He wants an all or nothing commitment.

In order for me to give Him that, I must walk away from some things that have been standing in His way. Blogging is one of them. It has consistently gotten in the way of my focus on the Lord, my focus on my family, and my focus on my marriage. It has taken me away from things I love, like reading, writing (interestingly enough), and being outside. I have tried to strike a balance, and I haven't been successful at that. I've known for a very long time that it might come to this, and to be real honest I am ready and finally relieved to be doing what I know is right for me at this time.

So, in order to be more of what Jesus wants for me, I must walk away . . . at least for awhile -- maybe forever. I tried this before and failed. This time, for the sake of my family and living my life rather than simply reading about others' lives -- I need to succeed.

I have thoroughly enjoyed "meeting" so many of you. I won't be disappearing altogether, but I am heading off to a place where blogging will take a back seat behind what God has purposed for me each day.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29: 11-14a


Thank y'all for the support you have shown in the past. Thank you for taking interest in the life of one such as me. Thank you for praying and for humoring me by coming by to see how God fills up my tank each week. I haven't decided whether I will still post a Thanks Tank each week or not, but know that whether it is posted or not I will be writing it down in my prayer journal . . . as soon as I unearth it from the dust bunnies that have claimed it these last months.

My hope for all of you is that you will walk forward "without fear", knowing that each minute you are here is a gift from God.

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 4/23/2007 09:55:00 AM  
  18 came and visited



18 Comments:
At Monday, April 23, 2007 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Oh, sweetie. Definitely do what the Lord directs (your obedience being one of the things I LOVE about you) but know you will be missed! (((hgus)))

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I, for one, completely understand, although I hate the thought of never hearing from you, Peach.

I'm not removing you from my blogline subscriptions. So if and when you have something to say, I'm all over it.

God bless you.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 11:16:00 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Blessings to you, Peach. I will miss you. If you do post, my bloglines will let me know. Take care and God bless.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 1:30:00 PM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Obedience is a beautiful thing. I know God has challenged me in this area too.
Blessings!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Peach, I'm crying right now. I understand, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Let's make it a point to tirl and keep up with each other. You're more than a blogging friend. You're a friend.

Love you and your precious heart that longs to serve God, and God alone.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 4:42:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I totally understand yet I have to say I will totally miss you! You were one of my first blogging treasures and I so appreciated your love for the Lord and family.

But I'm so cheering you on in being obediant to what the Lord would have you do. There is great blessings in store for your obediance to Him.

May you be blessed Peach as you have brought blessings to us.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 5:17:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I,like the others, understand your reasons...and they are good reasons! I will miss you,though!!!!

You were my first blogging friend and was so helpful and friendly! The Blogword will not be the same without you!

Kim
email me sometime!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Oh I hear your sweet spirit Peach. I am trying this balancing act too, and not being very successful either. I may end up doing the same thing. I'm going to try to put this thing I love to do in its proper place.
I admire your obedience. I admire your love for the Lord. I will miss you and visit whenever you have the time. It has been a joy getting to know you. I think the Lord has wonderful things in store for you. Be blessed.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

Peach, I'm so sad...and yet, I completely understand. I'm having to do some re-evaluating too.

Please stay in touch via e-mail, my friend.

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:37:00 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I understand, Peach, but I will miss you. You do what is right for you and your family. God has a way of letting us know when we need some change, and you will be blessed. I will keep checking back though!

 
At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:25:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Oh, Peach! I'm so sad, and I will miss you so much... Please, STAY IN TOUCH!!!

Blessings and kisses to you, my friend!

 
At Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:24:00 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

You will be missed, my friend. However, I'm in awe of your strength to do what needs to be done for you and your family to move ahead.

Now get outside and live! Have a wonderful time doing it and enjoy your family. But don't forget how to use your e-mail.

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:46:00 PM, Blogger C. H. Green said...

I understand how we can let time get away from us when we are here with our blogging friends. sometimes it is good to take a step back and re-evaluate. Blogging has been part of my growing experience in the Lord. It helps me sort through lots of feelings and thoughts. At the same time, I have to balance it against other more pressing priorities. We just have to give it to God and let him lead. Enjoyed your blog.

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:56:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Oh I am so right there with you. I had been struggling with this issue too (back in the fall) and took a short break then and again a few months ago. I found my time - precious spare time - get sucked right into the blog world. As much as I love to read about everyone, it was becoming a hard balance and a major conviction of my heart. I love the simplicity of posting a picture a day. It's made me thank God each and every day for what I see in His creation. And the time invested is nothing compared to before! So I know exactly what your heart feels and I support you and appreciate your decision. Please stay in touch. Lots of Love!

 
At Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:08:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Hi Peach, I just stopped by to say Happy Mother's Day. It was nice to see you at my blog yesterday.

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2007 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Just wishin you a Happy Mother's Day!

 
At Thursday, May 17, 2007 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey cutie. I don't know if you are lurking or not (I saw "withoutfear" on my hit counter this week)...just wanted you to know I was thinking about ya' and missing your bloggy self - particularly on Thursdays! Hope God is touching your heart and your time with Him has been and will continue to be fruitful!

 
At Monday, May 21, 2007 2:39:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I promised myself I wouldn't do this but I can't help it. I miss you. Come back. Even for just a minute or two. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Fearless Friday --I am NOT Afraid. Well, Maybe Not
    Prayer: It Can Change Everything
    For Heather . . .
    Fearless Friday -- In Which I Post a Quote about Fear
    Request, Update, and Thursday Thanks Tank #56
    I'd Be OK!
    Hallelujah! He is Risen!!!
    Waiting . . .
    Urgent Prayer Request
    Thursday Thanks Tank #55

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: