Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Request, Update, and Thursday Thanks Tank #56
****Prayer Request****
Please pray for Heather from Especially Heather and Swank Web Style designs. She's been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Many of you may know Heather as Emma's mom. Go visit her now and assure her of your prayers and encouragement. We can all be warriors on her behalf.

~~~~Wanted to update y'all on the reason for the Urgent Prayer request last week. Destiny's funeral was held Saturday. Unfortunately we were not aware of the fact until after its completion. So, my husband was not able to attend. When my DP returned to school Monday he had several opportunities to discuss some things with his students: Destiny, suicide, the importance of getting in touch with someone if you need to talk, and how life is valuable.

My DP, like many others vocalized, wondered what he could have done to help prevent Destiny's final outcome. He, like many others, wondered what he missed, if anything. None of us will know this side of heaven. Yet, I continue to pray for that family, for the middle school age brother, the three-year-old sister, and the parents who will never hold their daughter again in their arms. I pray for their salvation. I pray for comfort. I pray especially for a freedom one day from the pain of a loss so immense.

Thank you for your prayers! You are all so incredible.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Now for the Thanks . . .

1. Free Gifts -- I won this at Boomama's place, and I absolutely love it! I'd write a review about it, but both Boo and GiBee have done such a wonderful job that I feel like I'd just be redundant in my effusive praise. Goodness knows I'm in no need of redundancy. My life is unexciting enough!

2. Baskets -- I am in an unusual mode of wanting to get organized, so I have a stack of baskets I found at a popular discount establishment awaiting my rusty organizing skills in order to make my crafting area more functional. I might take a picture of it and post it on a Wednesday once I actually make it "work for me."

3. Jammie Day -- Yes, my children are not toddlers anymore, but sometimes you just need one of these. I joined in the fun, and I so needed it too.

4. Memorizing Scripture to Music -- I forgot how much I enjoy this. We replaced a copy of this for our kids as an addition to an Easter basket this year. I love both of the "Hide 'Em In Your Heart" volumes.

5. Church -- I can honestly say for the first time since we moved last July that I am truly thankful for the body of believers in which we've been placed. I hesitate to add, I am beginning to (gasp) feel a bit at home here!

6. Choir -- For the first time since my single days, I am joining the choir. I've been part of a small worship team over the years, but I've not sung in a group this large since 1993. Next week is my first rehearsal, and I am a bit nervous . . . feels like the voice is a bit rusty. It is "make a joyful noise, isn't it?"

7. Cuddling -- My JD Green is the master at this, and I started my day yesterday with my little one snuggled up against my side giggling while his daddy tried to be outraged as he left the house for work. My little man makes me feel so special sometimes.

8. Hope -- Just when I thought our adoption journey may never have a beginning, let alone an end with our daughter in our arms -- God brings a multitude of reasons across my path to give me a renewed sense of hope and encouragement that one day our turn will come. I will NOT lose heart!

9. Library -- a place I find quiet, peace, and my favorite of all . . . lots of books! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience there yesterday. Thanks, too, to our new friend, Miss Jeanne.

10. Pain-free moments -- few and far between though they may be lately, I am grateful for every, single one that allows me to accomplish the tasks set before me each and every day. Jesus knows my pain, and He gives me reprieve as He sees fit. I am utterly grateful to Him for all He provides.

Please share your blessings with someone today. I would dearly love to know how God has blessed you, but if you don't feel like writing them down -- go tell someone and bless them in the process of sharing your own blessings! God is good ALL the time . . .

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 4/11/2007 10:47:00 PM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:05:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

...prayers for Destiny's family. I can't even begin to imagine...

...we had a jammy/movie day yesterday thanks to the multiple inches of SNOW we received...in APRIL!

...put that CD on my favorites list at Amazon. Looks great! Thanks for the idea!

...after being told in my teens that I could carry a tune if it had a handle on it, imagine my surprise when I was asked to join my church's P&W team a few years back. Faced my fear, trusted in the ears of others, and stepped out in faith...I've LOVED every minute! Glad to hear you'll be sharing you gift in the choir again!

...is there anything specific you need in terms of prayer requests for your adoption concerns?

...(((hugs))) for the pain. Didn't realize you'd been so uncomfortable.

Thinking of you...

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:03:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the CD ... and better yet, you WON it!!!

(((hugs!)))

 
At Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:07:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I love your jammie day. I have those on my own many days. Sometimes nothing else is more perfect -- unless it's leaving the bed unmade.

 
At Friday, April 13, 2007 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I'm just now reading about Destiny, Peach. A young person's death is so hard to accept but when it's suicide, it's so much harder. My brother committed suicide three years ago and my family still struggles to understand.

I love your list of things to be thankful for. The jammie day sounds perfect and good for you, winning that great CD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    I'd Be OK!
    Hallelujah! He is Risen!!!
    Waiting . . .
    Urgent Prayer Request
    Thursday Thanks Tank #55
    Mish Mash and All That
    Random Meme
    Saturday Scripture + More Aquarium Shots
    Thinking Blogger Award -- Humbling, Yet Timely
    Thursday Thanks Tank #54

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: