~~~~Wanted to update y'all on the reason for the Urgent Prayer request last week. Destiny's funeral was held Saturday. Unfortunately we were not aware of the fact until after its completion. So, my husband was not able to attend. When my DP returned to school Monday he had several opportunities to discuss some things with his students: Destiny, suicide, the importance of getting in touch with someone if you need to talk, and how life is valuable.
My DP, like many others vocalized, wondered what he could have done to help prevent Destiny's final outcome. He, like many others, wondered what he missed, if anything. None of us will know this side of heaven. Yet, I continue to pray for that family, for the middle school age brother, the three-year-old sister, and the parents who will never hold their daughter again in their arms. I pray for their salvation. I pray for comfort. I pray especially for a freedom one day from the pain of a loss so immense.
Thank you for your prayers! You are all so incredible.
Now for the Thanks . . .
1. Free Gifts -- I won this at Boomama's place, and I absolutely love it! I'd write a review about it, but both Boo and GiBee have done such a wonderful job that I feel like I'd just be redundant in my effusive praise. Goodness knows I'm in no need of redundancy. My life is unexciting enough!
2. Baskets -- I am in an unusual mode of wanting to get organized, so I have a stack of baskets I found at a popular discount establishment awaiting my rusty organizing skills in order to make my crafting area more functional. I might take a picture of it and post it on a Wednesday once I actually make it "work for me."
3. Jammie Day -- Yes, my children are not toddlers anymore, but sometimes you just need one of these. I joined in the fun, and I so needed it too.
4. Memorizing Scripture to Music -- I forgot how much I enjoy this. We replaced a copy of this for our kids as an addition to an Easter basket this year. I love both of the "Hide 'Em In Your Heart" volumes.
5. Church -- I can honestly say for the first time since we moved last July that I am truly thankful for the body of believers in which we've been placed. I hesitate to add, I am beginning to (gasp) feel a bit at home here!
6. Choir -- For the first time since my single days, I am joining the choir. I've been part of a small worship team over the years, but I've not sung in a group this large since 1993. Next week is my first rehearsal, and I am a bit nervous . . . feels like the voice is a bit rusty. It is "make a joyful noise, isn't it?"
7. Cuddling -- My JD Green is the master at this, and I started my day yesterday with my little one snuggled up against my side giggling while his daddy tried to be outraged as he left the house for work. My little man makes me feel so special sometimes.
8. Hope -- Just when I thought our adoption journey may never have a beginning, let alone an end with our daughter in our arms -- God brings a multitude of reasons across my path to give me a renewed sense of hope and encouragement that one day our turn will come. I will NOT lose heart!
9. Library -- a place I find quiet, peace, and my favorite of all . . . lots of books! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience there yesterday. Thanks, too, to our new friend, Miss Jeanne.
10. Pain-free moments -- few and far between though they may be lately, I am grateful for every, single one that allows me to accomplish the tasks set before me each and every day. Jesus knows my pain, and He gives me reprieve as He sees fit. I am utterly grateful to Him for all He provides.
Please share your blessings with someone today. I would dearly love to know how God has blessed you, but if you don't feel like writing them down -- go tell someone and bless them in the process of sharing your own blessings! God is good ALL the time . . .