Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Dining Out Meme
Haven't blogged in days and days.
Haven't had much to say.
Here's a meme come my way.
Gave me something new to say.
Hooray!

My dear friend, Chilihead, tagged me for this meme, so here goes:

Rules:
  1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
  2. Include state and country you live in.
  3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
  4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Where I live: Georgia, USA

Top Five Local Restaurants

I live about an hour south and an hour north of large metropoli (you know that's the real plural rather than metropoliseses). Chattanooga to my north and Atlanta to my south. Though the choices in those places are far greater than here at the old homestead, I have found a few places to enjoy right here a stone's throw or so from my neighborhood. (My reach is a little wider since DP was a shot putter!)

  1. Las Palmas: This is one of the best Mexican restaurants here in my town. The chips are warm and plentiful. Everyone gets an individual bowl for salsa, so double dip away without any worries of shared germies. The enchiladas are fabulous, and I love the pico de gallo and guacamole, too. An all-around favorite. I just wish their salsa was a little chunkier. The salsa has a little after-kick, and I do like some sneaky spices.
  2. Bella Roma: My family all love the pizza at this local tribute to old-style Italy. The "frescoes" on the walls are eye-catching and the atmosphere is noisy, but lively. My personal favorite is not the pizza tho'. I thoroughly enjoy the Tuscan salad, which is full of romaine, grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, black olives, feta cheese, and roma tomatoes. Top it off with the balsamic viniagrette, a hearty helping of the bottomless basket of bread, and I am supremely satisfied.
  3. Los Portales: Yes, another Mexican place. This one is owned by the family of one of my DP's students, which means we get a discount if she is working when we dine there. Always a perk! Different than #1 in atmosphere, I like this one simply because I could practically drink the salsa from the cup. My favorite menu item is a #2 lunch special with chicken enchiladas and a quesadilla, but I usually hope DP gets something else so I can have his pico de gallo and salad that the #2 is lacking. I've only once had the dessert here, and the sopapillas were excellent with lots of whipped cream and some chocolate drizzled all over. Yummy!
  4. The Dwarf House: One of only eleven of this style restaurant in the Chick-Fil-A organization, my children still love to enter via the "dwarf" door, which is red and about 2 1/2 feet high. In addition to the typical counter-fare, you can also choose to sit down with menus at the old fashioned counter or at tables and booths scattered about the building. We love the atmosphere and the relaxed pace offered by the Dwarf House. My favorite item when I'm really hungry is the Chicken pot pie and side salad. Yet, the side salad alone is what I usually order. It is ample for lunch and costs only $1.99! What a deal!
  5. Sonic: I've already mentioned this stop as one I frequent for drinks, but I also like to stop here for the occasional chili cheese dog or chili slaw dog. Once in awhile I will attempt to eat healthy when visiting Sonic and get a wrap or something like that, but to be perfectly honest -- if I am headed there, health is not really on my mind. I'm usually more in the mood for yummy, fat-filled, carb-filled, fill-me-up cheap food, which is why I mostly just stick with the drinks.
So, there's my list. Now I am hungry. So, I am going to have a snack right before hitting the sack. Ain't it cool being the mama?!?!

I tag Barb, because I once went to Grand Junction and remember eating somewhere they served bread in a flower pot. Maybe it's still around?

I also tag momrn2 and Kim at Lifesong, because I miss the restaurants close to where she lives.
Join in if you would like to share the good eats where you live!

  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/26/2007 10:53:00 PM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh! I think I know what you're talking about. There's a restaurant that's part of a hotel here and I think they serve bread in a crockery flower pot. Shoot! Now I have to make a million phone calls until I find them. LOL I do remember eating somewhere like that ages and ages ago, before we lived here and were just traveling out here to visit our girls several times a years.

Thank you for tagging me. Actually, you're the third person to tag me for this meme. And actually, I did this one a few months ago. So actually, I'm going to do it again because I can easily find five more places around here I love to eat.

Your list made me really hungry for Mexican food by the way.

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Chilihead said...

Those all sound delicious! I'm glad you played!

I'll get back to you on the totes. ;)

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Crud. I keep forgetting to sign in with my other acct. That "ask" person is me, Chili.

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:56:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Oh my lands. I've eaten at a dwarf house! That was actually my introduction to CFA. I made the driver pull over to it because I wanted to go through the little door. Never mind that I didn't have to stoop down to enter it...

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Andi said...

Okay, I always knew we both lived in North Georgia, but I never realized you most likely live in my back yard. The Dwarf house is about 10 minutes from me.. Las Palmas - lunch there on Tuesday....This is a small world

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #60
    Random Tidbits
    Throwin' Caution to the Wind: If Money Were No Object
    Happy Father's Day!
    Thursday Thanks Tank #59
    Mama Math
    I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday -- What is FEAR?
    Reasons Why I love Him --He Fills My Tank

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: