Now, I have been doing these thanks tanks for well over a year. On any given month I can vacillate from the ebullient posts to the near maudlin, "woe is me" kind of stuff that keeps readers at bay. Sinking in the pit of despair usually warrants people moving on in haste.
So, you're now thinking, "is she preppin' us for a sad tale of woe wrapped up as a list of thanks?"
Interestingly enough, when I sat down at the computer to gather my thoughts -- that's exactly what crossed my mind. I have a weepy heart and have shed more tears in the past days than I have in the past year, but that's not why God has prompted me each and every week for the past #61 to take time to be intentionally grateful. He is far more worthy of my praise than I could ever begin to recount, but I will try to shed a little light on how He's blessed me this week. Without further ado and rambling, I am thankful for:
1. Understanding: My DP is extremely so. He has felt unable to effectively minister to me this week, but I am here to tell him that his words and his prayers on my behalf are having their desired result in my heart. Hopefully my behavior will live that out . . . today.
2. Toys: No, I am no longer a child. Yet, I do enjoy a new toy once in a while. I got one of these earlier this week. It is my new favorite toy. Let me tell you, walking has just taken on a whole new dimension for this somewhat grown up little girl!
3. Budding Friendships: My Libbyline came home tonight after spending time with some other girls her age. She was almost giddy with her joy at developing friendships, and I am thrilled. They begin a book club next week. Please pray for the success of these new friendships.
4. New Music: Having the new toy from #2 has definitely encouraged the addition of new songs. Here's what I've been listening to while I walk: This, this, this and a little bit (okay, maybe a lot) of this.
5. Small Group: Our church is committed to this style of ministry, and I wholeheartedly support it. We are becoming better friends each week with these couples that share their hearts over a couple hours of fellowship in a home setting.
6. Time Alone: I have mentioned walking a couple times already in this post, and I am praising its benefits once again in that it is time to myself. I don't even get that in the bathroom, people! This is cherished time.
7. Comments: I no longer blog for the sake of comments, but it sure is encouraging to my little heart to know several of you are still out there reading what I write on a regular basis.
8. Used Books: We went and stocked up this week while in Chattanooga. I love to see excitement light up the eyes of my children as they load up their baskets with new-to-us treasures.
9. Rest: Having DP home for the summer has allowed me a luxury I rarely get when he's working -- napping. I have gotten a siesta quite frequently since his summer vacation began. A rested mama is a happier mama : )
10. A Full Heart: I am utterly grateful for my Jesus who makes this whole post possible. Without Him, I am nothing and this thanks tank is non-existent.
So, now it's up to you. How are you thankful today? What fills your tank? Share it here in the comments or take the banner to your site and make your own list. I'll come visit if you leave me a note in the comments here.
Have a thank-full day!!