Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #61

Now, I have been doing these thanks tanks for well over a year. On any given month I can vacillate from the ebullient posts to the near maudlin, "woe is me" kind of stuff that keeps readers at bay. Sinking in the pit of despair usually warrants people moving on in haste.

So, you're now thinking, "is she preppin' us for a sad tale of woe wrapped up as a list of thanks?"

Interestingly enough, when I sat down at the computer to gather my thoughts -- that's exactly what crossed my mind. I have a weepy heart and have shed more tears in the past days than I have in the past year, but that's not why God has prompted me each and every week for the past #61 to take time to be intentionally grateful. He is far more worthy of my praise than I could ever begin to recount, but I will try to shed a little light on how He's blessed me this week. Without further ado and rambling, I am thankful for:

1. Understanding: My DP is extremely so. He has felt unable to effectively minister to me this week, but I am here to tell him that his words and his prayers on my behalf are having their desired result in my heart. Hopefully my behavior will live that out . . . today.

2. Toys: No, I am no longer a child. Yet, I do enjoy a new toy once in a while. I got one of these earlier this week. It is my new favorite toy. Let me tell you, walking has just taken on a whole new dimension for this somewhat grown up little girl!

3. Budding Friendships: My Libbyline came home tonight after spending time with some other girls her age. She was almost giddy with her joy at developing friendships, and I am thrilled. They begin a book club next week. Please pray for the success of these new friendships.

4. New Music: Having the new toy from #2 has definitely encouraged the addition of new songs. Here's what I've been listening to while I walk: This, this, this and a little bit (okay, maybe a lot) of this.

5. Small Group: Our church is committed to this style of ministry, and I wholeheartedly support it. We are becoming better friends each week with these couples that share their hearts over a couple hours of fellowship in a home setting.

6. Time Alone: I have mentioned walking a couple times already in this post, and I am praising its benefits once again in that it is time to myself. I don't even get that in the bathroom, people! This is cherished time.

7. Comments: I no longer blog for the sake of comments, but it sure is encouraging to my little heart to know several of you are still out there reading what I write on a regular basis.

8. Used Books: We went and stocked up this week while in Chattanooga. I love to see excitement light up the eyes of my children as they load up their baskets with new-to-us treasures.

9. Rest: Having DP home for the summer has allowed me a luxury I rarely get when he's working -- napping. I have gotten a siesta quite frequently since his summer vacation began. A rested mama is a happier mama : )

10. A Full Heart: I am utterly grateful for my Jesus who makes this whole post possible. Without Him, I am nothing and this thanks tank is non-existent.

So, now it's up to you. How are you thankful today? What fills your tank? Share it here in the comments or take the banner to your site and make your own list. I'll come visit if you leave me a note in the comments here.

Have a thank-full day!!

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/28/2007 12:03:00 AM  
  9 came and visited



9 Comments:
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

A wonderfu list as usual, Peach! Today I'm thankful for beautiful weather. Feels so good to sit outside with all the kids playing in the nice sunshine. I'm thankful that God takes care of everyone of our needs. Those spoken and those unspoken. I'm thankful for a hardworking hubby.

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh my friend I'm so sorry you are having a tough time as of late!!

I am thankful that you are able to see God's hand in the middle of it and be thankful. That is such a challenge to me to strive to do the same in my "not so good" times.

What a blessing you are to me!!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:50:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Wow! More proof of how much we're alike! LOL

Cool toy! I would one as well! And, you are listening to one of favorites as well - Jeremy Camp!

Our church also started small group (it's called "The Vine") and our Vine group meets once monthly. It's blessed me as well to meet with other couples with small ones and get to know them better, study and worship with them, and share a meal with them!

You may not blog for comments but you will always have readers! *wink*

re: used books - have you found paperbackswap.com yet? LOL Careful - it's addiciting!

Thanks for blessing my day (again!) with your example!

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:58:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Peach,

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time right now. I've been studying (and blogging) James. Great book! I pray the Lord will give you wisdom during this time & make Himself known to you in a new & beautiful way!

I got a Shuffle for Mother's Day, and LUV IT! I've been filling it with Christian & 80s music, too!

Hope your daughter's arm is healing nicely.

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Got my post up.

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:37:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Thank you for your list and for taking time to be thankful! Here's my thankful list this week.

 
At Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:59:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Peach,
I discovered your blog from the Beth's blog~LPM. Thank you so much for sharing. I have enjoyed reading latest entry. I will pray that things get better soon but seeing you thankful is really a blessing to me. Taught me a lesson as well. Thank you
blessings
Tealady Tammy

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Eden said...

Peach, thank you so much for stopping by and for your prayers.

I'll be praying for you to have an easier time. I'm also thankful for your thankfulness. It's awesome that you can see God working in your lives in in the midst of trying times.

Hugs,
Eden

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 4:37:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Your remark about having a weepy heart is worrisome, Peach. I hope whatever's making you so sad is resolved soon.

As always though, you come up with a whole list of things to be thankful for.

And I still plan to do the eating out meme. I'm still planning to figure out where that bread in a flower pot is served, too. Obviously, it's been a few years since I had it. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Dining Out Meme
    Thursday Thanks Tank #60
    Random Tidbits
    Throwin' Caution to the Wind: If Money Were No Object
    Happy Father's Day!
    Thursday Thanks Tank #59
    Mama Math
    I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday -- What is FEAR?

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: