Tuesday, July 3, 2007
I am Powerful

I was listening to "MomSense" recently, which is the radio nugget from MOPS International (Mothers of Preschoolers). Elisa Morgan was talking about how a little 3-year-old girl was emulating the actions of her mother. She mentioned how "powerful" we are as mothers. We have the power to shape the way our children do things. We have power to influence them for good or for evil. What they see us do in public and in private will make an indelible mark on their little lives. The way they are treated will ultimately be the way they treat others.

That got me to thinking . . . How does what I do influence the three blessings God has brought into my life?

My quiet times have been sporadic and irregular at best through many of these past eleven years of motherhood. I have had seasons of true communion and intimacy with Jesus, and I have had times of true wilderness and dusty, dry moments. I have felt God as close as my skin, and I have felt like an orphan out in the cold that He's completely forgotten.

Yet, what never ceases to amaze me is that when my children see me spending time with Jesus -- it always encourages them to do the same. If my girls see me in the Word, they run to their rooms and get their own Bibles and devotionals so that they may "meet with Jesus" too. They know if it is important to me, then they want to do it as well. My son is also starting to get into the act with his own "learn to read" Bible -- how that warms this mama's heart.

Now, I can let these moments go by, or I can use them to teach my children how valuable it is to devote time each day to build my relationship with the Creator of the universe. We are working through a devotional during school each day that is taking us through the days of creation. The kids have all been amazed at what God was able to accomplish in one day. What we accomplish comes far short of God's creation, yet we are entrusted with each day for its given purpose. Beginning the day with God's purposes on my heart certainly increases my chances of accomplishing them.

My prayer for my family, as well as for yours is to set out to accomplish only what God would have for us on this day. He has plans for each of our days, and He already knows what we will do. May we be about His business today!

This post was originally published in Oct. 2005 and tweaked for viewing today.

  Pam fearlessly posted at 7/03/2007 08:13:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Good morning Peach,
I can so relate to what you said about quiet times. My twins are getting into thier bibles now and we are having special prayer time andit is a blessing to see.

Loved the picture of the storms.

have a blessed day
happy teatime
Tealady Tammy

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I know we have exchanged comments a few times. I have been reading your blog for a bit and I love it! I was just updating my blog with blogs I enjoy reading and I added a link to yours. I don't know anything about blog ettiquite but I thought I would tell you. Let me know if you have any problem with this. Thanks! Keep posting- it's great!

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:18:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Wonderful post. It's a very big load when I realize that little ones, either my own way back, my grandchildren now, or someone else's children are so very observant of how we behave as adults. This was a great reminder to strive to be Godly.

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

Great reminder! A friend shared a prayer with me that we pray each AM, "prepare us for what You have prepared for us today." It keeps me focused on doing God's will in my day and letting my own "plans" go when needed!

Thanks.

PS (love MOPS!)

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I agree with what you have said...such a great reminder. They do watch and imitate us! It is so important to be showing them Jesus each day!

Thanks Peach!

Kim

 
At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Thanks for your thoughts! I found you from Mary's blog (notbefore7). I am very encouraged by what you have said. Check out my blog to see a memory you reminded me of.
K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Storms . . . in a Good Way
    Scripture Sunday
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #61
    Dining Out Meme
    Thursday Thanks Tank #60
    Random Tidbits
    Throwin' Caution to the Wind: If Money Were No Object
    Happy Father's Day!
    Thursday Thanks Tank #59

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: