Friday, June 29, 2007
Fearless Friday

If there were two things that I could hand the readers of my blog each day as they leave this place, they would be these:


1. A day without fear.
2. A reason to be intentionally thankful.


“Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” Unknown


"Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt." George Sewell
I have lived and continue to live too many days paying that "tax". Yet, as I press on to know my Abba Father more deeply, digesting His Word like the spiritual food He left for me -- I am released to make those payments less frequently, eventually stopping them altogether in favor of the grace and truth that surround my strengthening faith. Freedom!! The more I live my life "Without Fear", the more I am freed up to be the one He created me to be in the first place. So,
I will leave you with the truth that is emblazoned on my heart and mind this day:

Freedom in Christ

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

May we both walk in freedom today. That's why Christ came . . .

Labels:


  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/29/2007 12:33:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Friday, June 29, 2007 2:46:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Peach- I am going to try to make this comment as brief as possible. It is about 11:40 p.m. Thursday Pacific Time. I have been struggling all day to pray about something I need to be bathing in prayer. Tonight - about 20 minutes or so ago I realized that I wasn't praying because I was AFRAID. My fear was paralyzing my prayers. My verse for this last year (while hubby was in Iraq) came to my mind- 2 Timothy 1:7 AND your "Without Fear" blog. I pulled up the blog to remember the blog verse. Then, I found your Fearless Friday post and the other Fearless Friday posts. Thank you. I read so many things that were just what I needed to hear. You continue to bless me-- I HAVE been reminded to be thankful and now let go of my fear of the future. Thank you for your words.

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

F - false
E - evidence
A - appearing
R - real

It's funny how we let things that "could be" rule over things that we should put in God's hands in the first place.

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Good morning Peach,
Thank you for touching my heart. You just reminded me that fear does not need to control us.. For everything is in God's hands. Have a beautiful Friday.
blessings,
Tealady

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

"perfect Love casts out fear". We truly do not need to fear when we put things into His hands.

Thanks Peach for a wonderful post!

 
At Saturday, June 30, 2007 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

This is so timely for me Peach. I am doing a devotional on the book "Hinds Feet on High Places". I identify so much with the main little character "Much Afraid". One moment I am soaring on wings of faith and the next moment buried under a mountain of fear. But we are making progress - the Lord and I. He patiently teaches me to trust. If I can just keep my eyes on Him, I can indeed walk on the water (without fear).
Thanks so much for this.

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:24:00 PM, Blogger DeeDee said...

Peach-I stumbled across your blog via Susanne's and it is not by coincidence. I have been battling fear and your post has encouraged me. I will continue to lay myself at His feet and in the meantime, I may adopt your Fearless Friday idea. I love that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #61
    Dining Out Meme
    Thursday Thanks Tank #60
    Random Tidbits
    Throwin' Caution to the Wind: If Money Were No Object
    Happy Father's Day!
    Thursday Thanks Tank #59
    Mama Math
    I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
    Sunday Scripture

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: