Friday, August 3, 2007
Fearless Friday #11-- It's Easier with a Friend by Your Side

"You are better off to have a friend than to be all alone, because then you will get more enjoyment out of what you earn.

"If you fall, your friend can help you up. But if you fall without having a friend nearby, you are really in trouble.

" As the saying goes, 'A rope made from three strands of cord is hard to break.'"
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12 (CEV)




But oh! The blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearless on any subject;

with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts
come out simply and safely.
Oh, the comfort--the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person--
having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words,
but pouring them all right out, just as they are,
chaff and grain together;
certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
Keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness
blow the rest away."

Dinah Maria Mulock Craik~~A Life for a Life

I found this passage above in a devotional I am going through by Robin Jones Gunn and her sisterchick friend, Cindy Hannan: A Sisterchicks Devotional, Take Flight!

Also in the devotional, Cindy says, "What encouraging words from a friend still ring in your ears? Is there someone in your life who needs your love and acceptance right now? Wouldn't it be grand if right in the middle of an ordinary day, God surprised that someone with a friendship-touch from you?

He might just wrap up His grace and send it through you."

Who can you touch today with God's grace? How can you be a friend who fearlessly walks alongside another through the trials, through the joys?

Get in touch with an old friend today! Just pick up the phone and do it!

I'm taking up the challenge.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/03/2007 08:01:00 AM  
  8 came and visited



8 Comments:
At Friday, August 03, 2007 10:23:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

An excellent challenge, my friend! I'm gonig to think of a way to extend a "friendship-touch" with someone this weekend!

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Great post!!! I'm always amazed at how God orders our steps.

Just in the past few weeks...God has been using me with a *friendship-touch*...and I'm SO blessed when I'm obedient to him!!!

What a wonderful reminder...of why we are truly here.

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

I'm been meaning to call my bestest buddy of 30+ years about a short road trip with Flicka to come see her. Maybe today's the day! *wink*

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 5:13:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

What precious truth there is in this Peach. I am blessed with a few friends just as you described. When I think of what they have meant in my life, I know I need to keep in better touch. Thanks for this beautiful reminder.
And thank you so much for the bloggy birthday wishes. Lots of precious friends here too!

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a wonderful post! I have a post brewing for next week on friendships as well.

I so enjoyed the quote by Dinah Maria Mulock Craik!

Thanks for the additional thoughts and challenge to my already brewing thoughts on this subject!!

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 9:49:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Great challenge. Love the post..you always inspire Peach
blessings

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Well, that sure made me stop for a minute and think. I have a couple of phone calls to make this weekend now. Love the verse and the quote...and I really love that picture. It's perfect with this post!

 
At Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Eden said...

Great post Peach! Thank you for stopping by during the DDofS giveaway and participating. We've been having computer problems, so I just getting around to everyone. Slowly but surely.
I'm glad you like my template.

I'm doing another giveaaway over at my blog. Please feel free to stop by and sign up.

hugs,
Eden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #66
    Works-for-Me Wednesday
    Yes, Brand Names Can Be Good
    New Week, New Attitude
    Words of Wisdom
    WINNERS!!! This has been a fabulous week of visiti...
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #65 . . . and Winner #1
    Christmas In July -- Yes, Another Giveaway!
    The Giveaways Just Keep Coming!

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: