Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Happy Birthday #2 O' Blog

I thought in honor of my second birthday out here in bloggityville I would share the very beginning of this here journey, way back when things were called "Homeschooling in the Peach State":

August 15, 2005
My very first post ever!


Introduction to "ME"

I am not new to reading blogs, but this is my first attempt at putting my thoughts out there for public consumption. I have been a SAHM for 9 years, ever since we brought our beautiful Libbyline home from the hospital. Sweetcheeks followed after almost three years, and John Deere Green speedily followed 16 months later.

I've done a few part-time freelancing jobs over the years, in addition to a stint recently at a local novelties shop where my kids referred to me as the "Candy Lady". Now, I am certifiably taking the plunge into "at-homeness" as my husband and I have chosen to bring our children home to school.

We are both college graduates, one of us with multiple degrees, and we have researched the topic of homeschooling exhaustively. Little did I know when this whole idea began to germinate in my head months ago that the world of homeschooling was so extensive. I have been pleasantly surprised as well as completely overwhelmed at all that is available for homeschoolers.

That touches on another topic (information/choice-overloaded Americans), but I'll save that for another blog. Goodness knows I can't touch on everything today. (Still haven't gotten back to this two years later!)

I am hoping this will be a place for me to spill my thoughts, musings, and experiences on a variety of subjects. Yet, because it is what drives me primarily, this space will be overflowing with my faith, my journey of homeschooling, and my family.

I love being a mom, and I am privileged to live in a country and a state that gives me the freedom of teaching my own children in my own home in my own way. A way that will take into account their interests, their learning styles, and their natural bent that God uniquely gave to each of them.

Hope to hear from other homeschoolers, as I know I am not a lone ranger out here on my own. I need and welcome support and encouragement from those who have walked this path ahead of me.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/15/2007 07:41:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Peach!! Wow, has it been two years?! I am coming up on two years in a few weeks too! I am so glad I found your blog (over a year ago at least!) and have gotten to know you through it. You have been a tremendous blessing to me and I do look forward to the day we meet! :)

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:15:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy 2 years! So glad to have met you this way...well, and at WM! :-)

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Happy...Happy...Birthday to you!!!!!

I'm new to the blog world and I can honestly say, I'm SO glad I've found your blog.

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 9:48:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's a really nice first post. Happy Second Anniversary, Peach!

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Isn't blogging a fun hobby/outlet? :)

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

happy bloggiversary to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Women Of Faith -- Part One
    Fearless Friday #12
    Thursday Thanks Tank #67
    100 or More Things about Me
    Out of the Mouths of . . .
    Sunday Scripture
    An Award . . . For Me!
    Fearless Friday #11-- It's Easier with a Friend b...
    Thursday Thanks Tank #66
    Works-for-Me Wednesday

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: