Good Morning, Ladies! (and the couple of guys who read)
Though the temperatures around here threaten to keep me lying in a recliner fanning myself continually, I will attempt to focus my eyes on what God is doing that is bigger than the weather.
Here is my list to chronicle my gratitude this week. I am thankful for:
1. Church: I'm not just saying this because my husband outed me and now people from my church read my blog. For the first time in a long time I am feeling connected, as well as hopeful that we are at home in this family of believers.
2. A cool house: Yes, my house is "cool", but right now I am just super-thankful for the air conditioner that keeps it at least 15 -20 degrees cooler than it is outside. When it's 101 outside, the relief is immeasurable.
3. Hair color: Not only does it make me feel like I'm winning the battle against the "tinsel" that keeps invading my coif, but it allows me the privilege of not having to wash my hair daily. : )
4. Accountability: Our Dave Ramsey class is going to provide this and much more.
5. Anticipation: How this emotion fills my soul as I watch God at work in my life and in the lives of others around me.
6. My Sweet MIL"ove": I was reminded again the other day of how incredibly fortunate I am to have a precious relationship with this woman who came into my life only 14 short years ago.
She is a model I plan to follow one day when I have married children. Auggh! That day is coming sooner than I'd like to admit.
7. Library "Expotitions" ala Pooh Bear: We went to this, our favorite place, yesterday. We are able to take out 200 books at a time if we load up all four library card in our possession. As we dragged back to the van, I felt sure we'd maxed out each card to its very limit! Guess what we'll be doing today : )
8. Bible time: I am so enjoying this time each day with my children. I have been praying for more teachable moments, and Guess What!! God is giving them to me.
9. Home schooling: I am ultimately grateful for this privilege. I never want to take it for granted.
10. Intimacy with Jesus: His heart beats within me. I want to remind myself that He is always as close as my next breath. He holds me close and wants my very best. Glory be to Him today!
Ok, now it is your turn . . . you know the drill if you've visited here for any length of time. Comment and leave me the ways God is filling up your tank or take my cute, little banner and head on over to your own site. Let me know, and I'll come visit YOU.
Have a fantabulous thanks-filled day.