Thursday, August 16, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #68

Good Morning, Ladies! (and the couple of guys who read)

Though the temperatures around here threaten to keep me lying in a recliner fanning myself continually, I will attempt to focus my eyes on what God is doing that is bigger than the weather.

Here is my list to chronicle my gratitude this week. I am thankful for:

1. Church: I'm not just saying this because my husband outed me and now people from my church read my blog. For the first time in a long time I am feeling connected, as well as hopeful that we are at home in this family of believers.

2. A cool house: Yes, my house is "cool", but right now I am just super-thankful for the air conditioner that keeps it at least 15 -20 degrees cooler than it is outside. When it's 101 outside, the relief is immeasurable.

3. Hair color: Not only does it make me feel like I'm winning the battle against the "tinsel" that keeps invading my coif, but it allows me the privilege of not having to wash my hair daily. : )

4. Accountability: Our Dave Ramsey class is going to provide this and much more.

5. Anticipation: How this emotion fills my soul as I watch God at work in my life and in the lives of others around me.

6. My Sweet MIL"ove": I was reminded again the other day of how incredibly fortunate I am to have a precious relationship with this woman who came into my life only 14 short years ago.
She is a model I plan to follow one day when I have married children. Auggh! That day is coming sooner than I'd like to admit.

7. Library "Expotitions" ala Pooh Bear: We went to this, our favorite place, yesterday. We are able to take out 200 books at a time if we load up all four library card in our possession. As we dragged back to the van, I felt sure we'd maxed out each card to its very limit! Guess what we'll be doing today : )

8. Bible time: I am so enjoying this time each day with my children. I have been praying for more teachable moments, and Guess What!! God is giving them to me.

9. Home schooling: I am ultimately grateful for this privilege. I never want to take it for granted.

10. Intimacy with Jesus: His heart beats within me. I want to remind myself that He is always as close as my next breath. He holds me close and wants my very best. Glory be to Him today!

Ok, now it is your turn . . . you know the drill if you've visited here for any length of time. Comment and leave me the ways God is filling up your tank or take my cute, little banner and head on over to your own site. Let me know, and I'll come visit YOU.

Have a fantabulous thanks-filled day.

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/16/2007 08:26:00 AM  
  10 came and visited



10 Comments:
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

How precious! So many cool things to thank the Lord for.
I pray your changes are exactly what your family needs right now!
Blessings,
Sue

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, Peach, good morning! Just wanted to say - as I venture into a little homeschooling experiment myself with Flicka this fall, I hope I can keep the attitude you have that I always look on it as a blessing. Hope the heat becomes more manageable and you more comfortable! *wink*

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wonderful list, Peach! You are fortunate to have a MILove. Glad God is giving you those teachable moments with your little ones!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Great Thankful Thursday list!! I always enjoy checking out your blog!

Have a BLESSED day!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

So much to be thankful for. I am heading back to my classroom next week so I am excited and thankful for teaching as well. Have a blessed day

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:19:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

I hear you on the whole "cool house" front!

I am thankful for God's grace, mercy, and forgiveness on me when I've wronged someone... especially when I haven't afforded them God's grace and mercy! (I HATE it when I do that!)

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:19:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I loved this list of everydayness. You always know how to zero in on the essentials.

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Great list! I love reading your list because it reminds me to be thankful for some of the same things you are thankful for. I just posted my list on gravityofmotion.

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 5:12:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Wonderful list! I am thankful for a lot of the same things! : )

 
At Monday, August 20, 2007 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh my sweet goodness, I don't know what I'd do without air conditioning. I grew up in southeast Texas without it and to this day, 40 years later, I so remember the constant struggle to just find some source of relief.

And the hair color thing? Well. Ahem Yes. Of course.

xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Happy Birthday #2 O' Blog
    Women Of Faith -- Part One
    Fearless Friday #12
    Thursday Thanks Tank #67
    100 or More Things about Me
    Out of the Mouths of . . .
    Sunday Scripture
    An Award . . . For Me!
    Fearless Friday #11-- It's Easier with a Friend b...
    Thursday Thanks Tank #66

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: