Thursday, August 9, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #67

What a week so far!

I have thoroughly enjoyed being with my children, and we are getting back into the routine of school without them noticing it.

Onto filling up that thank, I am thankful this week for:

1. A self-aware son: Last night after returning home from our children's ministry at church everyone was sharing about what they'd learned and done. JD Green pipes up and says, "I didn't join in on the singing, because that is just NOT my talent." That boy just makes me smile : )

2. A Getaway: I am going to the Women of Faith conference in Atlanta tomorrow and Saturday with a group of ladies from our church. Woo Hoo!!

3. Beth Moore: Cannot wait to hear what she has to say all day tomorrow. She is the special pre-conference speaker. She really is my friend, you know. At least in my little mind. ; )

4. Reading: I've been trying to finish this before the conference. Probably not going to happen.

5. Opportunities: God has given me several of them this week in the area of homeschooling. Just when I was questioning my own confidence in this arena, God allows me to articulate my passion and my desires for my children to others -- thereby reassuring myself of His presence on this journey.

6. Financial Peace University: Yes, we are joining after five years of owning the curriculum by Dave Ramsey. That fact actually saved us a $50 fee for the current class at our church. Pray with me that this will be a life-changing class for me and DP. We are finally both ready to make a change, and that is essential for success in this class.

7. Air conditioning: Though our town set a record this week for the most mega-watts used, I am so glad we have the ability to keep cool on these scorcher days of summer. The forecast for the next couple of days is above 100 degrees, too. You'd think I was back in Texas!

8. Music: A respite for the soul. A balm to my spirit. Unless it is from the Barbie video game my Sweetcheeks is currently playing. Auggh!!

9. Friendships Reconnecting: A friend of mine from another place we lived recently moved to this area. I am so glad she is close by again.

10. Sharing burdens: A dear friend is struggling right now, and I am privileged to share her burden. It always helps me to get the focus off of me and intercede for someone else.

Well, that's the tip of the iceberg for me, and I still have many more ways to be grateful.

How about you? What's filling your tank this week?

Leave your list in the comments or grab the Thanks Tank header and take it to your place. Just let me know, and I'll be glad to hop on over and visit.

Have a great thanks-filled day!

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/09/2007 09:25:00 AM  
  3 came and visited



3 Comments:
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Have a great time at the conference Peach. Yes - Beth and I are great friends too :) I actually do feel as though I know her, and now with the blog it is even more fun. I know you will be blessed.
I love your list. God is so good!

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

that is such a great list! Hope you have fun at the conference this weekend. I've always read really great things about Dave Ramsey, hope you get a lot out of attending!

 
At Thursday, August 09, 2007 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so jealous of you going to the conference. I love Beth and I've never seen her in person. I'll have to check if there's a conference locally. Get Out of That Pit has been a life changing book for me and many in my small group. I'll be interested to hear your take on it. Love ya and Miss ya,
Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    100 or More Things about Me
    Out of the Mouths of . . .
    Sunday Scripture
    An Award . . . For Me!
    Fearless Friday #11-- It's Easier with a Friend b...
    Thursday Thanks Tank #66
    Works-for-Me Wednesday
    Yes, Brand Names Can Be Good
    New Week, New Attitude
    Words of Wisdom

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: