What a week so far!
I have thoroughly enjoyed being with my children, and we are getting back into the routine of school without them noticing it.
Onto filling up that thank, I am thankful this week for:
1. A self-aware son: Last night after returning home from our children's ministry at church everyone was sharing about what they'd learned and done. JD Green pipes up and says, "I didn't join in on the singing, because that is just NOT my talent." That boy just makes me smile : )
2. A Getaway: I am going to the Women of Faith conference in Atlanta tomorrow and Saturday with a group of ladies from our church. Woo Hoo!!
3. Beth Moore: Cannot wait to hear what she has to say all day tomorrow. She is the special pre-conference speaker. She really is my friend, you know. At least in my little mind. ; )
4. Reading: I've been trying to finish this before the conference. Probably not going to happen.
5. Opportunities: God has given me several of them this week in the area of homeschooling. Just when I was questioning my own confidence in this arena, God allows me to articulate my passion and my desires for my children to others -- thereby reassuring myself of His presence on this journey.
6. Financial Peace University: Yes, we are joining after five years of owning the curriculum by Dave Ramsey. That fact actually saved us a $50 fee for the current class at our church. Pray with me that this will be a life-changing class for me and DP. We are finally both ready to make a change, and that is essential for success in this class.
7. Air conditioning: Though our town set a record this week for the most mega-watts used, I am so glad we have the ability to keep cool on these scorcher days of summer. The forecast for the next couple of days is above 100 degrees, too. You'd think I was back in Texas!
8. Music: A respite for the soul. A balm to my spirit. Unless it is from the Barbie video game my Sweetcheeks is currently playing. Auggh!!
9. Friendships Reconnecting: A friend of mine from another place we lived recently moved to this area. I am so glad she is close by again.
10. Sharing burdens: A dear friend is struggling right now, and I am privileged to share her burden. It always helps me to get the focus off of me and intercede for someone else.
Well, that's the tip of the iceberg for me, and I still have many more ways to be grateful.
How about you? What's filling your tank this week?
Leave your list in the comments or grab the Thanks Tank header and take it to your place. Just let me know, and I'll be glad to hop on over and visit.
Have a great thanks-filled day!