Friday, October 5, 2007
Fearless Friday #19

I'm starting a new Bible study. This is just from the introduction, yet I found it powerful for me today:

"Did you know that fear can be good for you? No, really! A healthy amount of fear serves as a reminder to avoid danger. It can help us be more safety-conscious. The awareness that something bad could happen often causes us to do something good . . .

"Unhealthy fear is paralyzing. It prevents us from experiencing and living the life God intended. It limits our potential. Fear can hinder us from enjoying rich relationships, amazing experiences, and a meaningful life.

"Fear can even stop us from fulfilling the call that God has on our lives. Left unchecked, fear can ties us to the past, push us toward sin, and prevent us from embracing our God-ordained future. That's one reason we find the same phrase echoing throughout His Word: 'Fear not!' Through His Son, Jesus, God has set us free from the unhealthy fears that bind us and hold us back." (taken from Overcoming Fear by Margaret Feinberg, Women of Faith Study Guide Series)



These words spoke powerfully to my heart today, and I haven't even started the study yet! I don't want my fears to prevent me from being who God wants me to be. I plan to walk through my weekend with my life verse echoing in my head as I go about the tasks God has set before me.

This weekend is a busy one with The Hobbit, especially as I keep finding myself in unfamiliar territory -- putting on makeup (on goblins, and other creatures), adjusting costumes in order to avoid wardrobe malfunctions, and anything else that comes along.

I pray for all of you as well as for myself that we will remember to live the life God has intended for us . . . one Without Fear.

FEAR= False Evidence Appearing Real

Labels: , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 10/05/2007 11:00:00 AM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Friday, October 05, 2007 3:54:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Beautiful, Peach!

 
At Friday, October 05, 2007 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

beautiful words Peach as always and I am praying your weekend is blessed. Thank you so much for the award. I was so touched and humbled by that.

 
At Saturday, October 06, 2007 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

I hope the study is a blessing to you!

 
At Saturday, October 06, 2007 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog just now. This study you've just begun sounds like a good one - one I would probably like to check out myself!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com

 
At Sunday, October 07, 2007 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

That sounds like it is going to be a very good study! I hope you continue to share on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #75
    Look What I Got . . .
    Ahhh . . .ctober (October)
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday #18
    Thursday Thanks Tank #74
    She's At Home
    Moment by Moment
    This is the Truth
    Wisdom for the Weekend

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: