Thursday, October 4, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #75

Ok, all of you faithful "Thursday Thanks Tank" readers, I have got a bit of a twist for you this week. I want to direct you here to: "A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft. Today's entry is entirely appropriate for a "Thanks Tank" kind of day. Go read this and come back ready for the filling of the tank. Go on!

Ok, now you're back.

Well, Ron regularly makes me stop and think, and his words spoke to me especially today as I was of this mindset:

"If you're tired, and if you're tense and you're feeling overwhelmed, it could be you've been so absorbed in your mission that you've forgotten to look out the window."

After reading these words I thought I might need to both literally and figuratively look out my own window. I'm opening the curtains now . . . Now, I am back : )

Here's what God is doing to fill my tank, now that I am intentionally looking out the "window" and getting my eyes off myself:

  • He gave me a wonderful husband who laughs with me, cries with me, and lets me know every day he would marry me all over again, because I am God's perfect bride for him.
  • He gave me three healthy, happy, well-adjusted children who care about others around them and are amazingly untouched by the things of this world.
  • He gave me friends who encourage me to read the truth and look out the window when my world becomes a little too egocentric and myopic.
  • He gave me self-control and all the other fruits of the Spirit to enable me to become more like Him each and every day. I am thankful today for Him giving me more than one reason to exercise these fruits. The alternative would leave me isolated and alone.
  • He gave me His Son who died for me while I was yet a sinner and deserved nothing better than death. How thankful I am that won't get what I deserved.
  • He gave me the ability to cross paths with so many of you who challenge me, inspire me, and remind me I am far from being alone on my journey.
  • He gave me beauty, both inside and out. He sees me as beautiful, and He enveloped me in beauty all around that I might never forget the working of His hand in my life.
  • He gave me a purpose, and though I regularly question His wisdom in doing so -- He knew what He was doing, and He is working even now to complete it in my life.
  • He gave and gives me music to fill my heart with song that spills out and onto those around me. I am so grateful to have a place to worship and to share the joy that fills me.
  • He chose me. I am His. What greater joy can I know this side of heaven?
Thank y'all for coming and visiting me each week. I'd love to hear how God is filling your tank. Either make your own list and let me know it is up at your site, or comment here and let me know how God is blessing you this week.


Have a thanks-filled day!

Labels: , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 10/04/2007 12:51:00 PM  
  1 came and visited



1 Comments:
At Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Your post encouraged my heart so much today. Thank you for sharing the article and your thoughts. I put up my Thanks Tank today (www.gravityofmotion.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Look What I Got . . .
    Ahhh . . .ctober (October)
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday #18
    Thursday Thanks Tank #74
    She's At Home
    Moment by Moment
    This is the Truth
    Wisdom for the Weekend
    Fearless Friday #17

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: