Ok, all of you faithful "Thursday Thanks Tank" readers, I have got a bit of a twist for you this week. I want to direct you here to: "A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft. Today's entry is entirely appropriate for a "Thanks Tank" kind of day. Go read this and come back ready for the filling of the tank. Go on!
Ok, now you're back.
Well, Ron regularly makes me stop and think, and his words spoke to me especially today as I was of this mindset:
Here's what God is doing to fill my tank, now that I am intentionally looking out the "window" and getting my eyes off myself:
- He gave me a wonderful husband who laughs with me, cries with me, and lets me know every day he would marry me all over again, because I am God's perfect bride for him.
- He gave me three healthy, happy, well-adjusted children who care about others around them and are amazingly untouched by the things of this world.
- He gave me friends who encourage me to read the truth and look out the window when my world becomes a little too egocentric and myopic.
- He gave me self-control and all the other fruits of the Spirit to enable me to become more like Him each and every day. I am thankful today for Him giving me more than one reason to exercise these fruits. The alternative would leave me isolated and alone.
- He gave me His Son who died for me while I was yet a sinner and deserved nothing better than death. How thankful I am that won't get what I deserved.
- He gave me the ability to cross paths with so many of you who challenge me, inspire me, and remind me I am far from being alone on my journey.
- He gave me beauty, both inside and out. He sees me as beautiful, and He enveloped me in beauty all around that I might never forget the working of His hand in my life.
- He gave me a purpose, and though I regularly question His wisdom in doing so -- He knew what He was doing, and He is working even now to complete it in my life.
- He gave and gives me music to fill my heart with song that spills out and onto those around me. I am so grateful to have a place to worship and to share the joy that fills me.
- He chose me. I am His. What greater joy can I know this side of heaven?
Have a thanks-filled day!