Friday, December 21, 2007
For Unto Us a Son is Born . . . and Belated Thursday Thanks #85
To hear what I heard at the very moment my JD Green was born, go here My Rhapsody Playlist

I never hear this song that I don't think of my precious boy . . . and his Savior, Jesus.

Having a child so close to Christmas has always directed my gaze to that helpless, little baby in the manger and what Mary must have felt those first moments she held and inspected him. Her baby. Her Lord. I, for a few short breaths, felt what Mary felt as I gazed into the midnight blue eyes of my one and only son.

I felt the whisper of the Breath of Heaven on my skin. I felt the pleasure of the God of the universe as I, too, welcomed the one whom He had given me.

Now, I have rarely felt like Mary since, but those few captured moments immediately following JD Green's arrival are ones I will ponder and forever treasure in my heart.

Happy 8th Birthday, my precious son. I love you with my whole heart.


God has filled my tank in a myriad of ways this week, and I am sad I didn't have the time to recount them yesterday. Here is a quickie version as we are headed out to celebrate the birthday boy:

1. JD Green: only appropriate that I put him first today.
2. Libbyline and Sweetcheeks -- y'all have helped me make this holiday season special.
3. DP -- 14 years, and we still never run out of things to say . . . can't wait for the next decades with you!
4. Chocolate in the mail: Thanks, Jen!
5. Unexpected Blessings: I got one of these in the mail, custom made for me. I am naming it after her real name so I can pray for her and her family every time I wear it. I love it. Thanks, GiBee!

There's always more to share, but I have to run. We're off to see this and go here. I'll be back soon. Have a great Friday. Make every day a thanks-filled day!!

On His Adventure~

Pam

Labels: , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 12/21/2007 10:25:00 AM  
  9 came and visited



9 Comments:
At Friday, December 21, 2007 1:32:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

Happy Birthday to your son! My youngest (Claire) is 9 today! she was born at 4:22 a.m. and for the first 7 years of her life she would get me up between 4-4:30 at least 2 times per week except from birth t0 age 2 it was EVERY NITE! (we finally figured out that she just always needed reassurance that we were there....)..so...

 
At Friday, December 21, 2007 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Glad to see that I am not the only belated Thursday Thanks Tanker! (Posted my list this morning, too.) I enjoyed your list and gettign the update. Happy birthday to JD. Olive Garden sounds yummy! I hope the celebration was fun.

 
At Friday, December 21, 2007 9:57:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I sure know what you mean. My youngest was born on Christmas Day.

Happy Birthday to JD Green!

 
At Tuesday, December 25, 2007 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Merry Christmas Pam to you and yours. May it be filled with joy and love.

 
At Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son! My son was born Dec. 17th. Enjoy the fun Christmas week with your kids!

~Sandy

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Pam, Merry Late Christmas, Happy New Year!
Love what you wrote about your son ...
(no longer Peach?!?)
Sandy :)

 
At Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Happy New Year to you Peachy Pam! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (and birthday celebration)! I just love love love reading your Thursday Thanks. I hope to get back into blogging more. You encourage me!

 
At Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:27:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, Pam...it's Jan 3rd and I miss hearing your "voice". Hope all is well, that you're feeling good, and your holidays were blessed.

 
At Friday, January 04, 2008 12:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been missing you, too! Can't wait to read about your Christmas holidays!

See you soon!
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    A Royal 14 Years Married to My Darling Prince
    Thursday Thanks Tank #84
    Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions
    Wordless Wednesday -- Round #1 Thanksgiving Shots
    Random All Around
    Thanksgiving Reflections . . . a Twist on the Tank
    Thankful

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: