I never hear this song that I don't think of my precious boy . . . and his Savior, Jesus.
Having a child so close to Christmas has always directed my gaze to that helpless, little baby in the manger and what Mary must have felt those first moments she held and inspected him. Her baby. Her Lord. I, for a few short breaths, felt what Mary felt as I gazed into the midnight blue eyes of my one and only son.
I felt the whisper of the Breath of Heaven on my skin. I felt the pleasure of the God of the universe as I, too, welcomed the one whom He had given me.
Now, I have rarely felt like Mary since, but those few captured moments immediately following JD Green's arrival are ones I will ponder and forever treasure in my heart.
Happy 8th Birthday, my precious son. I love you with my whole heart.
God has filled my tank in a myriad of ways this week, and I am sad I didn't have the time to recount them yesterday. Here is a quickie version as we are headed out to celebrate the birthday boy:
1. JD Green: only appropriate that I put him first today.
2. Libbyline and Sweetcheeks -- y'all have helped me make this holiday season special.
3. DP -- 14 years, and we still never run out of things to say . . . can't wait for the next decades with you!
4. Chocolate in the mail: Thanks, Jen!
5. Unexpected Blessings: I got one of these in the mail, custom made for me. I am naming it after her real name so I can pray for her and her family every time I wear it. I love it. Thanks, GiBee!
There's always more to share, but I have to run. We're off to see this and go here. I'll be back soon. Have a great Friday. Make every day a thanks-filled day!!
On His Adventure~