Tuesday, December 18, 2007
A Royal 14 Years Married to My Darling Prince
I have, for 15 years called my husband a prince . . . it all began before we were even married.

See, the animated version of this came out in 1992, and my then boyfriend got it for me for my birthday. I began calling him Prince Aliababwa in fun, and then I started calling him my Darling Prince, as he moved to Dallas to attend seminary during our courtship, ensuing engagement, and wedding planning and I began addressing letters to him in such a fashion. (I know, letters on paper -- a truly archaic form of communication . . .)

I barely knew then to what extent he would truly become my prince over the next decade and a half. We successfully got the wedding planned and accomplished, becoming husband and wife in record time (20 minutes, I think). We embarked on our honeymoon to Eureka Springs, AR, while staying here as our first stop along our journey as a married couple.

Though our first couple years were far from being turbulence free, we were somehow laying a foundation for a marriage that has been tested by circumstances beyond our control and come forth refined and shining more and more like gold with each year that passes.

My Darling Prince or (DP) as I refer to him here in bloggityville, has:

  • held me when I've thought fear would overwhelm me.
  • challenged me to look outside myself for strength and for perspective.
  • prayed with me in good times and bad.
  • forgiven me when I've neglected to make dinner, shouted ugly words at him, left him behind on a walk, been unwilling to see his point of view, or not given him the respect he deserves as the leader of this home and family.
  • encouraged me to chase my dreams and cheered me on as I move forward in faith, using the talents and gifts God has so generously bestowed on me.
  • rubbed my feet and legs, both during pregnancy and after when fibromyalgia has inexorably attached itself to my every move and relentlessly pounds me with pain beyond anything childbearing and childbirth could have dished out.
  • understood my rambling thoughts and wishes, even when I don't feel like I can coherently communicate them myself.
  • stood alongside me through financial struggles, weight gain and weight loss, hair color changes and hair loss, numerous moves from state to state, and more changes in both of us than I could ever begin to enumerate here.

What I want to share with all of you today is what I am ever so slowly beginning to realize is that if God gave me a prince of a man to share my last 14 years with, He also has given my Darling Prince a princess. I rarely let myself dwell on or believe that truth, but if I believe all I've said about my prince . . . then I must believe it about myself as well.

So, my precious, Darling Prince, on this our 14th wedding anniversary, I pray I will begin today seeing myself as a princess, as the one perfectly chosen for you forever. It was easy to repeat those vows on our wedding day all those years ago, but they ring true more so today than they did that beautiful day in Little Rock in 1993.

Thank you for introducing me to life as a "royal" all those years ago. I pray our next years together will be as full and focused on the purposes of our Heavenly Father, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Happy Anniversary, my Darling Prince!

I truly do "Live for Lovin' You"

Labels:


  Pam fearlessly posted at 12/18/2007 01:20:00 PM  
  13 came and visited



13 Comments:
At Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

How sweet!!! What an amazing tribute to your wonderful marriage.

Praying, that God blesses you both today, tomorrow, and in the years to come.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! what a touching post about your love for each other as well! Many more years to come!

 
At Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:48:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to a couple who still knows what it means to really love, honor and cherish each other. Sigh. That was just beautiful, Pam...

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys!
Amy

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:28:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

Happy Anniversary! What a very touching tribute to your Darling Prince...and yes I would say you are a princess! Have a wonderful day!

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:16:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Well now ... Happy Anniversary you two royal love bugs!!! May God continue to shine his favor on you!

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:20:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Awwww...*sniff, sniff*

You are so blessed to have each other! I hope I am able to put all I feel for DaHubby so eloquently when we hit 14! *wink*

 
At Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:15:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

What a lovely tribute! Happy Anniversary to the royal couple!

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:24:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

We communicated via letter during our courtship as well. It was that or phone calls and being across the country from each other... a stamp was much cheaper. :-)

What a lovely post in celebration of your anniversary!!

Happy Anniversary wishes being sent to your castle!! :-)

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! A beautiful post!!!

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:40:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary, Peach!
It's fun cuz I can visualize you and your hubby both! (from this summer) :)

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I haven't been in blogland for a few days so I am late with this... Happy Anniversary! Congratulations.

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 5:02:00 PM, Blogger W. Mark Whitlock said...

As videographer at the blessed event and an observer of their marriage, I am proud to report that DP is NOT short for dip--he's a good man and a good husband. And Peach loves him well, too. Happy Anniversary, you two. May you be able to return to Eureka Springs (or go somewhere far more romantic) soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #84
    Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions
    Wordless Wednesday -- Round #1 Thanksgiving Shots
    Random All Around
    Thanksgiving Reflections . . . a Twist on the Tank
    Thankful
    PawPaw Talk

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: