Wednesday, January 9, 2008
A Date With Tony and the Holiday Run Down
Don't tell DP, but I have a date this morning.

We've not gotten together in a long time. Until now I've not really missed him, but Tony's voice has been echoing in my head lately.

I guess it's the whole "new year, new you" thing that permeates every advertisement and blog post you browse lately.

So, in a very few short minutes, after donning my extra supportive sports bra and other sweat-worthy exercise togs, I will be increasing my heart rate and facing the challenge that is Tony . . . including the bonus AB RIPPER 2oo . . .

If you hear my groaning from the comfort of your own home, please call 911 and send them to my neighborhood.

Before I head off into the land of the physically challenged, I thought I'd do a quick update of:



"What I did over my Christmas Vacation"

  • We spent this one sans extended family, so it was fairly quiet.
  • We watched tons of videos, thanks to a grandma who couldn't come to visit with a broken arm, but could send us things she'd recorded from Hallmark Channel (pass the tissues, please)
  • I made the most fabulous Christmas dinner ever, and I spent the entire day in my new candy cane jammies. I wholeheartedly recommend doing Christmas as a jammie day.
  • Then the crud set in, and we went through/used up/had to buy:

  • 6 boxes of Kleenex
  • 4 bags of Cough drops. We like these.
  • 1 space heater
  • 2 boxes of Mucinex
  • 1 box of Vapor Strips
  • Showers with this stuff
  • 2 visits with the Urgent Care clinic
  • 2 prescriptions
  • 4 bottles of cough syrup (you know it's bad when the kids start asking for this)
  • Multiple sprays with the Saline Solution
  • and all the patience the mama had to give.
Boy, am I glad to have the togetherness of the holidays over! It was fun, but with the onset of illness came a mental countdown for the mama of how many hours until the break was finished.

Speaking of finished, I think my stalling must be over. Tony is whispering my name.

I'll be crawling back later to let you know about my fantastic chocolate chip cookie success . . . I'm sure you'll be holding your breath.

Have a great day!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/09/2008 09:13:00 AM  
  2 came and visited



2 Comments:
At Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I love that you show Tony and tease us with the chocolate chip cookies in the same post, Pam. I like how you keep it real girl!

 
At Friday, January 11, 2008 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

I don't who that Tony is but I sure like how he looks! LOL *wink* Probably makes workin' out a little easier when there is someone easy on the eyes leading, huh? *nudge, nudge*

Glad everyone is feeling better though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    God Winks. Yes, He Does
    I'm Still Standing . . .
    For Unto Us a Son is Born . . . and Belated Thursd...
    A Royal 14 Years Married to My Darling Prince
    Thursday Thanks Tank #84
    Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions
    Wordless Wednesday -- Round #1 Thanksgiving Shots

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: