We've not gotten together in a long time. Until now I've not really missed him, but Tony's voice has been echoing in my head lately.
I guess it's the whole "new year, new you" thing that permeates every advertisement and blog post you browse lately.
So, in a very few short minutes, after donning my extra supportive sports bra and other sweat-worthy exercise togs, I will be increasing my heart rate and facing the challenge that is Tony . . . including the bonus AB RIPPER 2oo . . .
If you hear my groaning from the comfort of your own home, please call 911 and send them to my neighborhood.
Before I head off into the land of the physically challenged, I thought I'd do a quick update of:
- We spent this one sans extended family, so it was fairly quiet.
- We watched tons of videos, thanks to a grandma who couldn't come to visit with a broken arm, but could send us things she'd recorded from Hallmark Channel (pass the tissues, please)
- I made the most fabulous Christmas dinner ever, and I spent the entire day in my new candy cane jammies. I wholeheartedly recommend doing Christmas as a jammie day.
- Then the crud set in, and we went through/used up/had to buy:
- 6 boxes of Kleenex
- 4 bags of Cough drops. We like these.
- 1 space heater
- 2 boxes of Mucinex
- 1 box of Vapor Strips
- Showers with this stuff
- 2 visits with the Urgent Care clinic
- 2 prescriptions
- 4 bottles of cough syrup (you know it's bad when the kids start asking for this)
- Multiple sprays with the Saline Solution
- and all the patience the mama had to give.
Speaking of finished, I think my stalling must be over. Tony is whispering my name.
I'll be crawling back later to let you know about my fantastic chocolate chip cookie success . . . I'm sure you'll be holding your breath.
Have a great day!