Tuesday, January 8, 2008
God Winks. Yes, He Does

Thank you to all of you who encouraged me and my weepy self yesterday. I know God has plans and will reveal them to me in His timing.

Thank you, too, for reminding me that it is ok to take time for me and rest. You'll never know how much your affirmation and cheerleading of sorts has bolstered me and given me strength to do what I have felt is best for me.

Let me tell you about my "God Wink" from yesterday:

I was just surfing around the blogosphere, checking in on some of my favorite places via Google Reader, and I came to rest at My Quiet Corner, where momrn2 is one of my dearest blogging friends. We've often marveled at our likenesses and similarities, so much so that I have told her more than once that I could have written some of her posts myself.

Yesterday was one of those days, and while I was in the midst of writing a comment to let her know how much her post meant to me and how I felt like she'd crawled inside my head and heart -- the phone rang and she was on the other end!

This call was a "God Wink" in my day. He knew exactly what I needed and when I needed it. He delivered when I least expected it and I was happily overwhelmed by His goodness.

We had a wonderful chat about all kinds of things, and she affirmed me in a way that just resounded with all the other positive encouragement I've been receiving these past few weeks.

God has used so many avenues to bring home the same point in my life, and I am deeply moved and incredibly grateful for His tender compassion over me. He is surely all about letting me know this promise is abundantly true in my life:


"Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this:

The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”

Lamentations 3:2-24 (NLT)

So, thank you, momrn2, and all the rest of you for letting God use you to be a balm to my heart and my soul. I knew He would use others to comfort me, but I didn't anticipate how.

He has great plans for all of us, and He can use you when you least expect it.

I still plan to do a quick recap of our last two weeks, but not today. I'm off to get some rest.

***By the way, DP is thrilled today after the trouncing Ohio State suffered at the hands of his beloved Tigers. I can't even call my dad for fear of hearing funeral dirge music blaring over the phone. He may not even get out of bed today.

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/08/2008 11:16:00 AM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

How good God is. He has a way of wrapping His arms around us in such unique ways. I'm glad to "hear" you smiling again.

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:05:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Don't you just love when God does that?

BTW, I used that very scripture in my post at Faith Lifts today. I cling to that scripture.

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Pam- I have been checking and checking on Without Fear. After thinking that it might be more than a Christmas blog break, I prayed for you and that everything was okay. I am happy to hear you had a "God Wink"! Thanks for sharing how God is blessing you.
We were really happy about LSU, too! Gotta love the SEC!!

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It sounds like you really put a lot of thought and prayer into ending the homeschooling decision and that it was the right one for you. I admire moms who can homeschool because I know my own personality and limits and know I just wouldn't be able to do it! I'm sure this will be a big change for the family; but you have many prayers coming your way!

 
At Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:03:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Honored to represent an eyelash or two in the wink of God on your day!! ;-)

And just so you know, I was immeasurably blessed by you as well dear friend! Thanks for such words of comfort and wisdom as I sort through my own heart!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    I'm Still Standing . . .
    For Unto Us a Son is Born . . . and Belated Thursd...
    A Royal 14 Years Married to My Darling Prince
    Thursday Thanks Tank #84
    Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions
    Wordless Wednesday -- Round #1 Thanksgiving Shots
    Random All Around

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: