Welcome to the first Thanks Tank of 2008!!
Considering the week I've had, this could be a long one, but I'll try to just hit the highlights. Here's how God is filling my tank this week:
1. Public School: For a variety of reasons we have chosen to send our children back into this environment, and so far I have seen God's hand at every juncture.
2. Christian Teachers: The school our children attend is full of them, and each one of my sweeties is blessed with one. How cool is that!
3. Excited Children: Though they have cried this week that they miss me, my children are excited about learning and filled with joy at all the new experiences they are facing each day.
4. Bus Service: I didn't think I'd be willing to send my children on the bus, but it is the last stop on the way to school and the first drop off at the end of the day -- making their time on the bus a mere 5 minutes or so.
5. Domestic Victories: After reading about Barb's success here, I decided to try to overcome 14 years of miserable chocolate chip cookie failure. DP's favorite is chocolate chip, and I can never make a decent one. No more!! Here are the results:
All cookies shown above have been pronounced terrific by the beloved in my household and JD Green even had to make a huge announcement when DP bit into his first delectable morsel,
"Dad, these are not store bought ones! She made these from scratch at our house!!" So, thank you, Barb, and thanks, too, to the Butler and the Butler's Wife whose recipe I used. Our family pays homage to you.
6. Quiet: I have not known what that is for a very long time, but I am thankful for the quiet moments that allow me to begin to choose how I want to spend/invest my time. I heard this song this morning on the way home from taking DP to work. I so needed to hear it for the reminder it shares to be quiet before the Lord.
7. Choir: How I love the heart of our worship pastor! The way he shepherds our choir is amazing, and I am so blessed to be part of this ministry. I went home last night having worshipped and full from the way God met me in the midst of it. Thanks, Josh!
8. Caller ID: I love the way I can choose whether I want to answer the phone or not. I do not avoid calls from friends, but I do choose not to pick up those calls from the innumerable telemarketers that dial my number. What a blessing and timesaver!
9. Exercise: Ah! The tinge of pain to confirm the fact that under the squishy is muscle . . . unused muscle, but muscle nonetheless. Tony worked me over yesterday, but it is refreshing to have a reminder of those muscles I've left dormant for months. I'm headed back to deal with him again today, after this post is finished. "Downward Dog", here I come!
10. Relief: The knowledge that I am exactly where God wants me right now is beginning to set my soul at rest. The anxiety will dissipate and the knot in my stomach will go away, and all that will be left is relief and peace only my Savior can provide.
So, I managed to condense the bounty of blessings into something readable and manageable in one sitting. Please, feel free to join in and let us all know how God is filling your tank!!
Leave a comment here or take the button and make your own list like these lovely ladies have.
Have a thanks-filled day!!
On His Adventure~