Thursday, January 10, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #86

Good Morning!

Welcome to the first Thanks Tank of 2008!!

Considering the week I've had, this could be a long one, but I'll try to just hit the highlights. Here's how God is filling my tank this week:

1. Public School: For a variety of reasons we have chosen to send our children back into this environment, and so far I have seen God's hand at every juncture.

2. Christian Teachers: The school our children attend is full of them, and each one of my sweeties is blessed with one. How cool is that!

3. Excited Children: Though they have cried this week that they miss me, my children are excited about learning and filled with joy at all the new experiences they are facing each day.

4. Bus Service: I didn't think I'd be willing to send my children on the bus, but it is the last stop on the way to school and the first drop off at the end of the day -- making their time on the bus a mere 5 minutes or so.

5. Domestic Victories: After reading about Barb's success here, I decided to try to overcome 14 years of miserable chocolate chip cookie failure. DP's favorite is chocolate chip, and I can never make a decent one. No more!! Here are the results:


All cookies shown above have been pronounced terrific by the beloved in my household and JD Green even had to make a huge announcement when DP bit into his first delectable morsel,

"Dad, these are not store bought ones! She made these from scratch at our house!!" So, thank you, Barb, and thanks, too, to the Butler and the Butler's Wife whose recipe I used. Our family pays homage to you.

6. Quiet: I have not known what that is for a very long time, but I am thankful for the quiet moments that allow me to begin to choose how I want to spend/invest my time. I heard this song this morning on the way home from taking DP to work. I so needed to hear it for the reminder it shares to be quiet before the Lord.

7. Choir: How I love the heart of our worship pastor! The way he shepherds our choir is amazing, and I am so blessed to be part of this ministry. I went home last night having worshipped and full from the way God met me in the midst of it. Thanks, Josh!

8. Caller ID: I love the way I can choose whether I want to answer the phone or not. I do not avoid calls from friends, but I do choose not to pick up those calls from the innumerable telemarketers that dial my number. What a blessing and timesaver!

9. Exercise: Ah! The tinge of pain to confirm the fact that under the squishy is muscle . . . unused muscle, but muscle nonetheless. Tony worked me over yesterday, but it is refreshing to have a reminder of those muscles I've left dormant for months. I'm headed back to deal with him again today, after this post is finished. "Downward Dog", here I come!

10. Relief: The knowledge that I am exactly where God wants me right now is beginning to set my soul at rest. The anxiety will dissipate and the knot in my stomach will go away, and all that will be left is relief and peace only my Savior can provide.

So, I managed to condense the bounty of blessings into something readable and manageable in one sitting. Please, feel free to join in and let us all know how God is filling your tank!!

Leave a comment here or take the button and make your own list like these lovely ladies have.

Have a thanks-filled day!!

On His Adventure~

Pam

Labels: , , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/10/2008 07:48:00 AM  
  8 came and visited



8 Comments:
At Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Great list. I LOVE your sense of humor.

You may need to share the chocolate chip recipe.....I have trouble making them!!!

 
At Friday, January 11, 2008 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a strong start to 08. Praying for your 3 as they transition. (you too!)

 
At Friday, January 11, 2008 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

the "quiet" jumped out and grabbed me by the throat! LOL It is truly the one thing I still wish, long, and are envious for. Sounds like a busy but bountiful time! Remember to hold on to Him through the changes - it'll be smoother that way! *wink*

 
At Monday, January 14, 2008 7:14:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I've been meaning to email you. I am so glad to hear how you are filled with peace. He is in control, directing it all!

 
At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:44:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Did you notice your cookies came out unusually hard? Because I used the exact same recipe, and the cookies got really, REALLY hard! Did I do something wrong? Because usually, I'm pretty good in the kitchen...

 
At Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I commented and ran off the page before posting. Sorry.

It is ME, the Butler's Wife! Now you know why I fell in love with the Butler. Gotta love a man who knows how to bake cookies.

I am so glad you are enjoying them.

 
At Wednesday, January 16, 2008 1:57:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Hooray for your cookie victory. I swear, it made my day when I used The Butler's recipe and finally, after twenty years of complete failure, made puffy chocolate chip cookies.

Your son's comment cracked me up. You made them right in his house!

You know what? If caller ID had never been invented, I don't think I'd even have a phone in my house. I ignore about 2/3's of the calls that we get. Especially during an election year. LOL

 
At Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:17:00 PM, Blogger mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi...I just linked from Barb's blog! I used her cookie recipe too and the results were outstanding! Glad you had success as well! I loved reading your thankful list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    A Date With Tony and the Holiday Run Down
    God Winks. Yes, He Does
    I'm Still Standing . . .
    For Unto Us a Son is Born . . . and Belated Thursd...
    A Royal 14 Years Married to My Darling Prince
    Thursday Thanks Tank #84
    Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: