Monday, October 8, 2007
"The Hobbit" . . . and Life Lessons
It's Real!
According to the level of excitement,
you would have thought their own names were up in lights!
(Yet, then I would have had to smudge them out anyway, wouldn't I?)
This is my "high-tech" dwarf. She never actually looked like this for a performance as the comments about looking like Hagrid and the difficulty of speaking and functioning with so much facial hair eliminated this growth before opening night.

The beard below didn't really make the "cut" either, so we went for a drawn-on beard by performance #2. As you can tell, hair and make up are a work in progress in the theater world. "Dori" the dwarf is joined here by her sister the goblin. Sweetcheeks is merely a shadow here of the wildness she would become in future performances.

More photos on this later when I have a chance to upload them. I just realized I let DP take the camera with him in the van this morning.


Though this weekend was a crazy one, I loved it. I was recruited to work in makeup this weekend, and I absolutely loved watching these kids as they were transformed into the characters they were intended to be. I had a hand for a few moments in making sure these children reflected the part they were portraying. It was powerful, and it was incredibly fun.

As I am typing this, I can't help but think what pleasure and joy God receives when we are transformed into the creations He intended for us to be. I work so hard so many times to try to be what He intends. I strive and I struggle. I writhe under self-imposed pressure. I give up, and I lose hope.

Yet, He wants me to be just like these children were with me this weekend. They sat themselves in a chair and trusted me to make them what they were intended to be. They didn't strive. They didn't try to help me out. They trusted me. They barely knew me, but they trusted me, and they were overjoyed with the results.

How much more should I be trusting my Heavenly Father Who knows me better than I know myself and gives me His very best in His Son, Jesus Christ?

What joy could fill my heart if I release my grip and trust Him to transform me?

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:1-2 (NLT)

We still have eight more performances over the next week or so. I am excited to see what else God has to teach me through this experience. Who knew I could be changed via the production of "The Hobbit"?

God did.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 10/08/2007 08:18:00 AM  
  3 came and visited



3 Comments:
At Monday, October 08, 2007 2:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more pictures! This looks like a total blast!

 
At Monday, October 08, 2007 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Good night! It looks like y'all had a ton of fun!

 
At Monday, October 08, 2007 9:35:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing your joy and how God is working with your heart during the production.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Fearless Friday #19
    Thursday Thanks Tank #75
    Look What I Got . . .
    Ahhh . . .ctober (October)
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday #18
    Thursday Thanks Tank #74
    She's At Home
    Moment by Moment
    This is the Truth

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: